So this week was fabulous. It really was. So exciting in fact, that I cant remember it. That mainly had to do with the fact that I had two very extensive dentist visits and the sedatives they gave me have sufficiently wiped my memory of most of the week. I remember a few faces, and vaguely remember getting a text from my old boss. I am still wondering why he still has my cell number. I had honestly thought it was a dream. Either way, I finally have a smile I am proud of. The old one wasnt too bad I guess, but I felt very self conscious due to the crooked front tooth and the dead tooth next to it. So for those of you that see me over the next few weeks, remember that the teeth you see are still the "temporary" ones, and my new fabulous teeth are being created in a lab off in some faraway land called Outrageously Expensiveville. That is all I have to report on myself, because I cant remember anything else. Its kinda cool.
Jared worked. And then he woke up the next day and worked again. Then. he. did. it. again. We lead a very exciting life! He did get to meet Donald Rumsfeld and we got a few books signed. It turns out that Jared is taller than Mr former Secretary of Defense. Those men look so big on TV, then in real life they are just normal short people. I will include a picture of the two new best friends at the end of this blog.
Kayla and Madison are still my crazy little girls. They look more different every day. Kayla is getting taller and scrawny. She is all arms and legs and little girlness. I cant believe I have a kid who is big enough to sass back at me. I am so proud. Madison is turning into my little tan butterball. No matter the SPF the kid comes home darker than her daddy. She loves the sun and I wish that I could just have a little bit of her healthy melanin. Her hair is also lighter than Kayla's is now which could either mean that her hair is very susceptible to sun bleaching or Kayla's hair is getting darker. It may be both. Personally, I am preparing myself not to have a single blondie. Have I become a traitor to all natural blondes by wiping out one more 'natural' blonde line? Wow, I am really good at rambling.
This week I know I had another awesome playdate with my friend Stella. She fed me, watered me, and we all left happy. I even got some homework done! Kayla picked up a cold, or...something. I am not really sure what it was. She just got really congested and sleepy. Whatever it was seems to have passed since she spent the evening yelling "SKADOOOOSH!" and belly bouncing her sister. Maddie would kick her in the thigh and say "KACHOWWWW" My girls are awesome. After being home all week (other than my delightful visits to Dr Rizk) I desperately needed a day out of the house. We went to Fort Bliss and let the girls go nuts at the splash pad. I have got to find a better way to get them in the water. I spend all of 30 minutes trying to keep Maddie from running into the road and convincing Kayla that its ok to get her swimsuit wet. The sun wore them out enough though because we all took a nap when we got home. Perfect.
We finished off our week with chicken fried rice that Jared created himself, then watched Kung Fu Panda, again, and ate a bowl of popcorn. The perfect ending to a rather forgetful week. I have so much to look forward to next week though. We have a 10% chance of rain! Seriously, if it rains, I might have to lock the doors to prevent us from all running outside in it like a bunch of howler monkeys.
Well, thats about it, I could ramble on for another few thousand words, but I think I want to eat some ice cream. I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day and remember what it is all about, remembering those who gave their all so you could be free. Thank a soldier, I promise that you will make his or her day. I want to thank my dear Grandpa and my dear Uncles who fought for me before I was born, and for those many friends I have from every branch of the Armed Forces for all that they do and for what they are willing to do. And to all the military wives, life is tough for us but we persevere and our hubbies could not do it without us. I shouldnt forget one friend who is an Air Force hubby, even if he is Army himself. And of course, I could never forget my dear Husband, he has given the last 7 years of his life to active duty and 5 before that to reserves. He is my hero and I am truly proud to call myself an Army wife. I love going to Post and being surrounded by people who love this country as much as we do. Jared is truly our hero and I try to teach my girls the importance of our soldiers and what they do for us. Love you all!
Me with my temporary new smile. It still hurts like %$#^ but I am not complaining!
Madison going for a ride on the Pepsi Box
I attempted to bake, and I was successful! This is from my cousin's blog by Kimberlee Ward
Jared and former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld posing for a photo op. He looks well practiced.




No comments:
Post a Comment