All right, FINE! I will start a blog. I am not sure how often I will be posting but I may be better at it than I give myself credit for. We can start off by giving a little background.
We will start with the head of the family, the "Man of the House", or rather, the only man in the house. Jared was born and raised in Utah with six lovely brothers and sisters. The family has multiplied and now has 2 gazillion family members which makes family days exciting, hilarious, and exhausting all at the same time. The nieces and nephews are an absolute blast and adorable and ridiculously intelligent and we are so lucky to be a part of their lives. My in-laws are two of the most generous and caring people you could wish to meet. Oh wait, this was supposed to be about Jared, right, back to topic. Jared is currently serving his country in Ft Bliss, TX and has graciously allowed the rest of us to join him. He is a Sergeant First Class and we could not be more proud of him. He loves what he does, even though that changes on an almost weekly basis. His favorite things include us, of course, his golf clubs and all things golf related, the UFC, photography, and the newest and uber-geeky IT degree. We hope he graduates within this lifetime.
I am the author of this mish-mash called a blog. I go by Jess and I was born in Utah as well and spent my entire life in the same house. I guess that is why I have such a desire for travel, to see things that I have never seen. After seven years and two kids, I am ready to settle down and put down some actual roots, so someday maybe we will. I have three brothers who have all been married to fabulous women and had adorable babies. We have all gone our separate ways, one off to GA, one off to ID, us in TX, and one who is still waiting for his path to open up. I have worked for way too long playing an accountant. I realized awhile ago that I did not enjoy that career and have since changed my mind and plan on pursuing a different path. The difficulty lies in not knowing where we are going to be from year to year. Someday I will reach my goals and be a good example for my girls as they will be attending college. For them it is not if, but as soon as they graduate high school if not before. I enjoy reading, playing in the sun, playing with my kids, and dreaming of the house we will someday own that I can actually decorate and the yard I can actually grow things in.
Kayla is currently 4 years old going on 16. She constantly talks about how grown up she is and how she does not need to listen to her parents since she is old enough to take care of herself. Her attitude changes fairly quickly when she realizes that she does not know how to cook and cant manage to get the door to the fridge open. She is my little spirited girly girl. She loves purses, makeup, hair, clothes, shoes and all the fabulous accoutrements that go along with being feminine. She is often seen carrying her purse while talking on her cell phone to random Disney Princesses.
Madison is 19 months of pure fire. This kid is the epitome of "busy". I cannot turn my head for even a second or something will be broken. I have found her on the highest shelf in her closet, on top of tables throwing treats down to her sister, painting her walls with her, um...diaper offerings, spitting on cute little old ladies and tackling anyone who dares lie on the floor. She will walk up to total strangers, slowly and carefully. Then, when they least expect it, and are commenting on how sweet she is, she will scream "BOO!" at the top of her lungs, scaring people in the next country. She keeps us on our toes, but we wouldnt want it any other way. Her favorite things are eating, yelling, jumping on people and things, and dancing to Blues Clues.
Well, that does it for now. There may someday be more of us, and maybe not. Time can only tell on that one. As for our current status, we are living in Ft Bliss, TX until maybe April 31st of 2012. That can always change as we are at the whim of the Army and those who run it. Until then, We are enjoying our lives in the Sun City, close to the Mexico border. We spend our days running from place to place, playing in the sun and any water we can find. We go to the zoo, the parks and the splash pads and visit Daddy on post as often as we can get away with. We travel back home to UT as often as possible, but not near enough. Looking forward to our upcoming visit in September for Devin and Alisha's wedding!
Until next time, enjoy, relax and remember us here in little nowhere El Paso!

YAY!!! Enjoy blogging!!! I would love to keep in touch with ya once we move, and this is the best way- besides FB :)
ReplyDelete