Saturday, May 21, 2011

Oh The Rapture!

    Today is in fact, the end of the world. I guess I shouldnt bother posting, but just in case I will crank out an update for the week.
    Highlights include a day with my friend Stella and her fabulous kids. She has two about the same ages as mine and for some reason, they like hanging out with us! They even have a backyard, with.....GRASS! I am kinda using her for her grass and the ability to shove the kids outside. That and the adult conversation and the fact we seem to agree on pretty much everything and because we can keep talking and talking and talking and talking and never run out of things to say ever! I love our playdates.
    We took Kayla to see her first magic show this week. We tried to get some pics but she wasnt cooperating. She was thrilled with the show especially because she got to pet the bird that turned into a bunny! I remember being enchanted by magic when I was a kid and I am glad I can take her to stuff like this once in awhile. Well, I should say Jared got to enjoy the show with her. Maddie was busy running up and down the stairs that were about 20 feet away, with me watching on. Either way, Kayla had a blast and that was all that mattered.
  I could also call this post "The Day Without Internet!" It was pretty traumatic for me. It also made me realize how dependent I have become on the internet being my only source of contact with the outside world. Why on Earth do I pay so much for a smartphone if I dont use it to actually call people? So my new goal is to stay off the computer unless the kids are asleep. At this point it is on for most of the day, connected to every outside source I can find. I am not sure why I am suddenly addicted to being constantly assaulted by Facebook status updates or incoming news stories or even coupon postings. I have it on in the background as I interact with the kids, clean, do laundry, etc. I have decided to focus back on living and reign in my ADD. With that said, we now have slower internet than ever. We had decided to switch to try to have more reliable service and instead it is so much worse than before. Not sure how the next week will go, but we are ready to cheat on AT&T, especially since they were the ones to cut the original cable and internet lines causing my withdrawal.
    Ok enough about the internet. I am feeling seriously scatterbrained and not really sure why. So I think I will end and relax while watching Pirates of the Caribbean 2, and maybe going to bed before midnight. Have a fabulous week everyone! Enjoy some pics of our week!

The girls were using Daddy as a horsey. If you are wondering why Kayla and Jared are not wearing shirts, ask Kayla what happened to her popsicle.
That big red mark on her forehead and cheek? Yeah, thats what happens when your top half moves faster than your lower half and the pavement breaks your fall. Not showing is the scratch on the side of her nose and her upper lip. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm in your blog twice! You must love me. :D

    And yeah, it's not that hard hanging out with you and the kiddos since your kids entertain my kids, and that means we get some "us" time, so feel free to continue "using" me for my grass. That's what it's there for. ;)

    And P.S. You're pretty awesome yourself, and I'm super glad we are not just "ballet moms" anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love you Stella! Never thought I would get a real friend out of the crazies I met in ballet!

    ReplyDelete