Saturday, May 14, 2011

The week of nothingness..ess.

Well, I wish we had something exciting to report for this week, but....we dont.
    Over the weekend Madison and I were fairly sick with a cold and sinus infection that knocked us out for about 6 days. I am still a little congested but that could be from the 90 MPH winds outside that never. ever. EVER. stop. That and not having any moisture for over 100 days gets to you.
    Jared took a 4 day pass for this weekend as we had planned on taking a short trip to Albuquerque instead of an actual family vacation this year as we plan on heading to UT in September. Well, in light of some bills that are coming in the next 6 weeks, it was not an option. We are disappointed but we need to learn to reign in our spending and pay off our debt before it becomes overwhelming. So instead I put Jared to work.
    Jared spends so much time being Army dude that his "honey do" list goes undone. There is stuff that I just cannot do. I made a long list for him and got started on it Friday morning. Halfway through the 4-day, and none of it is done. Sigh. We keep him so busy doing other things that there just isnt time to get that annoying stuff done. Maybe Monday I will force him outside so we can find our backyard again. At least he gets 4 days where he doesnt have to go to work, I really cant complain!
    Madison has been beating up her crib lately. We can hear her bashing, jumping, banging, and pulling from all the way downstairs. We decided it was time to move her into her toddler bed. We luckily kept Kayla's and so a quick 45 minutes later we had her bed assembled and the crib and all fun stuff removed from her room. The first night did not go too well. It took her just shy of two hours before she finally fell asleep with her legs hanging off her bed. I was just happy she actually went to sleep on her bed instead of on the floor like Kayla did. I put her in her pack-n-play for a nap and then tonight she climbed into her bed, whimpered for a few minutes and went right to sleep. That was almost too easy.
    Kayla woke up today sick. Looks like we are having another round of sick here. The girls spent the entire afternoon yesterday cleaning their rooms and the playroom. I couldnt walk through it and was tired of asking. Sooooo the girls scrubbed. They did such a good job that we gave them some ice cream. Its a very rare treat in our house because I cant have it and I am mean like that! Kayla inhaled her ice cream and I didnt notice until I saw her practically fall out of her chair, her face was red and she was holding her temples with tears running down her cheeks and fear and confusion in her eyes. She couldnt talk. I noticed her empty bowl and quickly got some warm water for her, giggling the whole time. After she was back to normal she said "Whew, that sucked. I think my brain exploded!" Her very first brain freeze. I was trying to explain to her what happened but I was laughing too hard. I am still snickering over it.
    Jared and I decided to pretend we were living somewhere without wind and planned a bbq dinner. He spent most of the day cleaning the grill, trying to get the stuck on stuff off the grill plates. I made Key West Chicken and bbq roasted corn on the cob with a pasta salad. I love watching my kids eat corn on the cob. Maddie was having difficulty so she held it on the table and nommed it like a dog would. She. is. awesome. Ended the evening watching the girls color together.
    We have added some feathered friends to our family even though they are not allowed in the house. We have a family of Morning Doves nesting in our porch balcony. There is about 6-8 inches of space up there and I can look out and see Mommy Dove on her eggs. She is pretty good about not leaving them. She left once today when Jared went outside but otherwise Daddy Dove has been bringing her food and building up their nest. We are hoping to see baby doves in a few weeks.
    Well, thats it in a nutshell. Nothing eventful, nothing exciting, which is actually not a bad thing sometimes. After the last few weeks, its kinda refreshing to slow down for a minute. I hope to have something fun to tell about next week but Kayla's sickness might prevent that. Have a great week everyone! And enjoy your weather, because we dont have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment