Sunday, June 5, 2011

I am officially insane. Not that there was any doubt...

Well, another week has come and gone. A week that was, once again, fairly uneventful.

We went to Biggs water park for the Memorial Day holiday. Jared decided to go golfing so Molly and Steffen offered to go along with me to watch the girls. I wish I had pics but I didnt take any! Madison looks adorable in her little swimsuit. She is so fat that I am not sure it will make it through the whole summer, I may have to cut out the tummy and make it into a two piece! Kayla is so skinny and tall that her suit looked like it was too small for her lengthwise, but waaaaay too big in the tummy. I love my growing girls! They had an absolute blast. Kayla ran right into the water (its only about 6 in deep at most) and stayed in for about 2 hours. We had to fight her to make her leave even though she was shivering and starving. That's my little water baby! Madison was very hesitant. She was a little scared which surprised me knowing her normally fearless attitude. It took her a very long time to warm up to the water and whenever she got too cold, she would run for her towel. She actually spent more time examining all the chairs and 'grass' and even the rock wall. The girls had a blast though and we all went home exhausted to a nice clean house and Daddy already waiting for us.

Madison ended up getting croup from the pool. Figures. So, while I havent slept much over the last week it seems like she is finally over the worst of it. She is still coughing, but no longer at night thank goodness. Kayla has coughed a little bit, but I think she may be over her asthma. I am praying for it because that fear I get whenever her nose runs will keep my up all night long waiting for an asthma attack. At this point it has been about 6 months without and she has been sick twice. Here's to the hope that she has finally grown out of it!

The rest of the week I spent trying to scrub every inch of the house. The winds have been pretty constant here and due to the crappy construction of our rental home, there is sand EVERYWHERE! I dusted on a daily basis and emptied my vacuum at least twice and yet I still see a fine layer of sand in the air in every room. Its just floating lazily around like it belongs there. I am contemplating getting an air purifier to help suck the sand out. We are tired of the taste of dirt on all our food and the thin film of sand on our plates, toys, linens, and in the carpet. Seriously, I never feel like I can get this place clean enough!

We decided to have some family time and went to visit the animals this week. Getting out of the house was a huge priority for me but I couldnt bring Maddie around other kids until this cough of hers got better. The Zoo seemed like a good place because it was outdoors and she could happily be parked in her stroller. We had a blast but only made it through half of it because the outside temp reached 94 by 11:30 and there isnt much shade around. Kayla and Maddie got super cranky and Kayla, taking after her dear Mom, turned a shade of mauve due to the heat. Knowing the signs of heat exhaustion from my youth, we packed up and headed home, sticking Kayla under the coldest AC setting we could in the van. She was back to normal after some ice cold apple juice and a nap. Madison takes after her daddy more and just got a tan and a little tired.

I should mention that this week Maddie has developed her Baker Family stubborn streak! She fits in very well with the rest of us now. I normally lay out some clothes for her to wear and she has never cared. Now she has to CHOOSE her clothes and if I dont like it, she will throw a massive tantrum unless she gets what she wants. Normally I would put her in sandals in this weather but she insisted on wearing her tennis shoes. I am glad they are getting some use before she grows out of them, but seriously, leather shoes in 100 degree heat is insane. Its pretty cute watching her try to put them on though.

This week we have also learned a lesson on unconditional love. The kind that you can only get from your family, very special friends, and the man upstairs. Seriously folks, I am truly blessed to be able to call my family and know that no matter what I do, they are still going to love me for it. I wont be judged, I wont be pitied, I wont be ridiculed (well, that depends on how stupid it was, but it is always only in fun). I have so many people in my life that I can call on and I know they will be there for me, not turn their backs on me, and never EVER treat me poorly no matter what my decisions in life are. I pray everyone has at least one person they can count on in this life to turn to when things get tough. We all have the same goal in life people, to have joy. So this week, try spreading some around! Sometimes, something as simple as a smile can change a person's entire day.

This coming week I have been asked to head a fundraiser for some of the deployed soldiers in our brigade. I have accepted the responsibility of FRG (Family Readiness Group) Leader for HHC Company which is a bit of a difficult task. Most of the families are spread across the country and not many are here. The ladies that are here are more than willing to help me out with whatever I need and I have a good friend who has given me a bunch of tools to help me out. I am working on the fund raiser but I have never seen how one is done in the actual Army office setting before so I will try my best and hope things turn out. If they dont, expect to see  an email from me asking for random items for care packages! I am a little nervous but I am more than willing to do my share.

Other than that, I am baking my little heart out to fill the quota for 3 baby showers I have coming up over the next two months. It keeps me busy during the days and keeps me from spending money outside the home. And making stuff is so much cheaper than buying! A heartfelt thanks to those who have been stuck with baked goods over this last week as I test out recipes! Cant wait to get these done because in August I am finally coming home for a visit! It will be about a month before I head back to TX. I cant be gone too long or I start to actually miss Jared. Surprising, I know.

Have a great week folks and keep in touch! We miss you all more than you guys know!

No comments:

Post a Comment