Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A new year, a new adventure!

We are ready for 2012! Especially when the end of the world hits in December....BWAHAHAHA! I wonder why people have such a desire to believe in doomsday. Live each day to the fullest and if the world does indeed end this year, then celebrate that our trial is over and peace can finally reign! Ok, that is as preachy as I will get. This will probably be a short post, I just dont have much to write about.

Jared has been barely working for the last two weeks. We have loved having him home so much, especially me because he helps out so much around the house. Jared went to the Sunbowl game last weekend to cheer on our favorite team, the Utes! He went to the alumni associations official tailgaiting party and I assume he had a good time. He got to meet a few Utah celebrities like Swoop and the Crazy Dancing Lady. The game was a heartstopper, as all the important games seem to be. We ended up with the W at the end during overtime. Jared also got to be a military representative for his brigade during the player welcome dinner. He was able to get a shirt signed by a few of his favorite players and meet Coach Whittingham and Brian Johnson. I honestly can say that I was jealous of him frequently last week, but I am glad he got to get out and have some fun with his friends!

I am at 27 weeks now. Almost to the 3rd trimester. I am starting to feel it too. I have just started to become uncomfortable by the end of the day. I still have energy, but the pain is preventing me from doing much. My issue is that I only gain weight in my hips and butt which causes serious stress on my legs and hips. So after spending too much time on my feet, I really have a hard time moving. I love looking like a pear! I keep telling myself that I have less than 3 months until CJ is here, and I can do this. I plan on spending this month focusing on baby needs, getting the nursery setup, and getting Madison moved into Kayla's room. Since I cannot do the moving of furniture myself, It will go slowly as I wait for Jared to have the time to help me out. We did get up some new curtains yesterday that I am really hoping Madison leaves alone. I have to buy one more small panel for the random picture window in there so that there is not one purple curtain mixed in with the green jungle themed nursery. I am just praying Madison doesnt rip them down again as I really do not want to have to plaster the walls of this place before we leave.

Kayla is bored out of her mind. She cannot stand not having mental stimulation and that is really hard to do for me. Trying to find something age appropriate for both kids is not easy. Madison misses the one on one time she gets with me while Kayla is at school. Kayla has been out for over two weeks but will go back tomorrow. I want to know why I paid for 2 and a half weeks of school when she hasnt been attending. That majorly irks me, but there is really nothing I can do so I will stop complaining! HA! We had to go buy her new shirts yesterday. She has grown out of her size 5-6 shirts. Her arm length is good, but I can see her tummy and they are pretty tight. We bought some in the regular size 5 from Children's Place and Crazy 8 and they are big so I just need to stop buying them from the PX on sale for $1 and they may last longer!

Madison is still refusing to nap. It drives me insane. I have done everything that every website has recommended and she will not close her eyes. I have sat in there for 2 hours straight several times and she just hums quietly to herself or plays with her fingers. Then she spends the rest of the day being grouchy, tired, and difficult. I am hoping that she will grow past this soon for her sake. She is really working hard at communicating now. She is speaking in full sentences and her words are becoming clearer. She is listening to instructions and following through. She is asking for things instead of just crying until I figure out what she wants. She is also eating a variety of foods and is always willing to try any of the crazy ones at least once. She is also a little daredevil. She does things that would terrify most kids, And I am always shocked when she does it when I am not paying attention.

So that is pretty much it. Nothing really new. Christmas was awesome. The kids got some great gifts from their family and friends, and we got a couple good ones in for them too. We had the Reynoso family over for dinner, and that was really nice. Awesome tasting food, and the best company. New year's was really quiet, which I needed because prego hormones suck. That is all I will say, they suck major bigtime. I am looking forward to getting back in the swing of things tomorrow and moving forward to get things ready for CJ to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment