Monday, January 23, 2012

To Eat or not to Eat!

Well, here is our update. I have not written in a long time, and the only reason is, I have been BUSY! The nesting bug has hit me and wont go away! While we have everything we need for the baby other than minor things like soap and lotion (He doesnt need to be clean, he's a boy!) I have everything else. We spent last weekend working on organizing Kayla's room to be ready for two little girls instead of one. We got rid of 75% of the stuffed animals, organized the clothes, and separated the closet into half for each kid. We cloroxed, vacuumed, and finally cleaned the carpet. We will be moving Madison in when Jared gets back from his trip. I plan on having the baby's room ready for that point too so that we can finish up his room at the same time. We have moved his dresser in but we need to figure out spacing. We still have to get one curtain up and the crib up as well as the monkey wall decals I got for him. The bedding is clean and the clothes have been washed. I have some burp rags and some blankets and all the swaddle items. Honestly, all I have left is to get my room organized and the bassinet set up. My mom's flight is booked so we are almost ready! Other than that I have been working on finals and getting ready for the next semester. Jared is working on the end of his degree. Only a few more weeks until he his done with his Bachelor's! So proud of him!

Jared is going to Salt Lake for a very short time to train a couple guys from his brigade as well as do an inspection. He has to do double duty because the inspection is scheduled for March and that is way too close to my due date for him to leave me. While he is there he is hoping to get a few minutes to see some family, but thats probably all he will get. I really wish we could have been there, but we just could not afford to fly us out and driving for two days just to be there for 6 was pointless. Anyways, enough whining. I am glad he will get a break before we have to knuckle down here and have us a baby.

As for me, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. It was a complete shock for sure. I never would have thought it possible because I have hypoglycemia, which is the opposite of diabetes. It has been a major lifestyle change for me to cut out carbs. Not being able to have sugar sucks big time, but not being able to have fresh homemade bread  is so tough. I have been eating whole grain breads, and honestly, I cannot wait to have something that does not taste like cardboard! I havent decided on what I am going to eat first, greasy burger and fries, cake, or an entire loaf of fresh baked bread with real butter! The good news is that since I have started this diet I have not gained any weight. This is good because I have already gained 40 and the big concern is having a massive baby since I am prone to big babies anyways. So far the doc has been happy with me and I get to meet with my diabetic OB specialist next week. The funny thing is that Jared has actually lost weight since starting this diet. I feel bad that the whole family has to be on it, but I cannot make two separate meals for every meal. He is being super supportive and eating what I eat. I do feel bad when I hear his tummy growl though. I can honestly say that I feel so much better. I was having major mood swings and now I know it is because of the sugar spikes and lows. Who knew? Its only for a few more weeks anyways. I can hang in there.

Kayla has been pushing her limits lately. She  has been adamant about doing whatever she wants and instead of just saying 'no', she says 'no thankyou', as though that will make it less of a rejection. The harder she fights us the harder we push back. I was surprised to find out that she had been in trouble at school recently because she had never been punished before. She actually came up to me crying on Friday because the teacher had put her in time out for most of the class. I had a long talk with her on the way home. I hope that she changes her attitude really quickly and gets back to listening. I think that after spending most of her weekend in a time out that she has mellowed a bit today, but that could be because she is fighting a cold as well. On the good side, she is 3 and a half feet tall and is skinny. Not that I didnt know that, but it is nice to know she is growing so that food she eats goes somewhere.

Madison is finally evening out a bit. She is taking naps again occasionally, and is getting much better at listening and helping out around here. She is singing sporadically, and cracks me up with the way she is learning. I have been concerned that she doesnt know her animal sounds and was not picking them up. The other day I asked her what a pig said. She responded saying 'what a pig say...'. Normally I would repeat the sound and try to get her to say it right. This time I took a deep breath and she proceeded to say; 'what a pig say....is snort snort!' We then went through animal after animal. The kid is an overachiever! She was answering me with full sentences and I wouldnt give her a chance. HA! I am glad that she is not being as destructive as normal lately as well. She hasnt broken anything in like...a week!

So that is about it, we have been dealing with my frequent doctor visits, Jared getting ready for his trip to Utah, as well as taking on another job at work, and my nesting craziness. I would like to say things will slow down soon, but it will be at least until the end of the summer before I think things will settle again. Having a  new baby is never peaceful!

No comments:

Post a Comment