As a family update, we are just chilliing. I finished my baking last week so that I could make sure the soldiers in Jared's office had noms before they all left for break. I also made gifts for Kayla's teachers even though she didnt get to go back to school the last week. Kid was still sick. I would have sent her if it wasnt a holiday, but I could not stand the thought of any of those kids getting sick for Christmas. The presents have all been purchased, and half of them are wrapped. We are waiting on one more shipment from Walmart that should be here today (if the Fedex guy can manage to drive on wet roads) and we will be set. We are planning an expensive but super tasty Christmas dinner event with our besties the Reynoso family. We will be missing one who is in the sandbox right now, but we will take lots of pics so that he can celebrate vicariously. I just need to get stuff to send out in his box, I really suck at remembering to do that stuff ahead of time.
Jared has been enjoying half days this week. He comes home right in time for lunch which is so nice for the kids. Normally, he comes home during their one hour crazy monkey time right before and after dinner. So now he gets to see that his kids are actually normal little monkeys most of the time. Unfortunately for him though, he caught our colds. So he is dealing with that, but he can take medication so I dont feel too bad for him. The girls and I still cannot take anything, they are too little and I am too prego.
So me, I am 26 weeks todayish. Boyo is kicking away in there. His favorite spot is definitely my bladder. He also likes to spin so that his feet face my spine and then push off so that his little back arches out of my belly. It is pretty dang uncomfortable, enough to make a tear or two slip out. But I really cannot complain because this pregnancy has been such a breeze compared to the girls. I am only waddling after a long day, and I am still pretty active. My house is clean, my kids and myself are clean, so I am satisfied!
Kayla has been sniffly since about two weeks ago. I am sure it is the inability to go outside, but hoping that will change next week. Its too cold here right now to go outside so I have to wait until the weather warms up a bit. It does average 50 degrees here in the winter so we can actually go to a park in December. Anyways, Kayla has already moved on to asking for things for next Christmas. I told her that if she really wanted the toy she was begging for, then I would take back one of her presents to get it for her. So she decided she could ask for it next year. Of course she forgets immediately after asking for it. This week I had her bag up all of her stuffed animals other than 10 of them and the ones that she had been given as a gift from family. I have a problem with buying cuddly animals for the kids and I have had to stop. I filled a 30 gallon bag full of animals that the kids had never played with. EVER. Some were from my childhood, that still had tags on them. Maddie got to keep hers other than a couple that she said 'scared her'. We donated them to the Junior Enlisted Family center so that some little kids could hopefully have a warm snuggly for Christmas. I was proud of Kayla for not fighting it once she knew what we were doing with them.
Madison is in the full throws of terrible twos. When she gets going it is like a full on explosion that nothing can stop. Her freakouts always happen when she doesnt get exactly what she wants immediately. Since I dont cater to whims, only needs, she freaks out often. It breaks my heart to see her meltdown and not be able to calm her. The events are happening less and less, so I hope that she is getting it. Last night we went to Olive Garden to spend some Christmas money we had been given. Madison normally is a nightmare at dinner. Last night she was so good! She served herself some of the salad, and then ATE IT. She actually willingly ate salad. I grabbed a pepperoncini out of her hands right before she ate that, but I was quite happy seeing her eat green stuff. She even tried calamari. I tell you, that it was one of the best restaurant meals we have had in a long time. Olive Garden is the only place around here that can manage to cook seafood right. Other than leaving the tails on the shrimp that is. Red Lobster always has chewy seafood. EW.
So that is about it. We are just going through the motions, impatiently waiting for Christmas day. I have actually been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love from my family. It seems that as the years progress I hear from them more and more. I need to be better at reciprocating, and I plan on starting this in the new year as Kayla learns to write thank you notes. I got a couple packages that brought tears to my over-emotional eyes, just because of the knowledge that this family member thought of my family. I hope as the years go by I get better at this whole 'adult' thing and now that I am done having kids I can focus on remembering the little things, like Christmas cards, and pictures and stuff. We are also planning on heading home for Christmas next year. I have decided that I am done missing my family over the holidays, so if we are still here, we will head back home. I love being around my friends, but they have their families to go to, and its just not the same as being surrounded by siblings, and grandparents, and cousins. So here is to hoping that it doesnt snow anywhere next year so we can drive home!
I hope all of our friends have a fantastic Christmas and a Wonderful Hanukkah (I know it is day 4 already, I am late) And to all my lovely family and friends that are prego as well, enjoy some hot cider since we cannot have the eggnog! Love you all!
![]() |
| Check out the adorable blanket I was given! |
![]() |
| Maria added a sleeping monkey. LOVE! |
![]() |
| Maddie serving herself salad |
![]() |
| She is actually eating and enjoying it! |





No comments:
Post a Comment