Monday, July 25, 2011

Just watching the world go by!

Hello and happy Monday you fabulous people you! I actually only average one reader per month so its more like 'fabulous person' but as my dear friend told me, its not for other people to read as much as it is for me to be able to look back at and remember things I would otherwise forget. I am blonde after all and my brain is like an overfilled sponge. I keep smart friends so I dont have to do the thinking!

This week was splendiferous. Jared decided that hanging out in Mesa doing a Command Inspection sounded like a blast so on Tuesday we took him to Post and then said goodbye until Friday night. We actually forgot he was gone until he didnt show up for dinner. Then he rubs it in that he is gone by eating at all my favorite restaurants that dont exist in El Paso land. In-N-Out, I will be seeing you in 2.2 weeks! Mmmmm my mouth is watering! He also ate at a Brazilian restaurant, the big meanie. I know there were other places, but I think he eventually felt bad that I was eating cereal, tuna fish, cold pizza, and mac and cheese. Regardless of enjoying the 'single' male life, he decided to come home on Friday night. The girls got to stay up a little late to spend time with Daddy even though he didnt bring them presents.

I went to my regular playdate place on Monday and borrowed Stella's grass. I had bought a $5 slip and slide and we put it to good use. Her daughter Isabelle was the only one who managed to actually slide on the thing and after about an hour I see a look of horror cross Stella's face and I took off outside. Turns out that the kids had turned her backyard into a swamp. I quickly turned off the water, and I am really glad that water doesnt last long in the El Paso hot zone. On Friday, I went over to my friend Abby's house and she filled up her pool and let me enjoy her backyard as well. Who needs grass when I have friends that do? The kids played together for awhile but got bored after a bit, so we headed inside and Abby made the kids apples and peanut butter and honey sandwiches. (My kids wont eat jelly, the little strangeoids.) They were both too busy to eat them there, so I packed them in the car and they scarfed everything on the way home and had apples leftover for their snack. The most memorable event was the baby scorpion that was heading towards my bare feet. I started to freak a little, and Abby came after the thing with a rolling pin and crushed its segmented body. I tell ya, I want her on my side in the zombie apocolypse.

Kayla has been lying lately. About everything. I have a few ideas about teaching her how bad it is, but it hasnt been working too well. I about went ballistic when she told me she had put her milk bottle in the sink only to find it curdling under the couch a couple days later. I hope this phase goes quickly because I may tape her mouth shut. Kayla needed a bit of a trim and I needed a break so I took the girls to Lolis and Mike on the east side to get Kayla's hair trimmed after a quick trip to Hobby Lobby. The place was awesome! They had two little kid size pedicure chairs and manicure tables, and a fire engine chair and a taxi cab chair along with a bunch of toys in the waiting area and tv's spread everywhere. I didnt quite get what I wanted with her hair because of a language barrier, but she did understand the word 'trim' so I am satisfied until I can get back to UT and have it done there. I then took the girls to Chik-Fil-A to wear themselves out at the playplace so that I could have a couple hours peace during naptime. Kayla made a few new friends and had a blast.

Madison is learning a new word almost everyday. My favorites this week are 'button' 'wha happen?' and 'sit down!' She likes to tattle on Kayla when she is standing up at the table. I giggle every time because Kayla is so annoyed that Maddie is tattling on her for a change. Madison has also decided that napping is optional. The kid is too busy and I cannot figure out how to get her to sleep, she never seems tired except at night. I have a sleep book I need to get in to, just havent managed yet. She isnt even two and I am not willing to give up my scant two hours per day just because she wont sleep. Maddie is finally getting some hair. Its coming in thicker than Kayla's and it is getting lighter everytime she goes outside. I was able to put it in some trailing ponies and she actually kept them in her hair until after naptime. She also has Jared's skin tone. Kayla and I burn, and do not tan. Maddie looks like she is wearing a white swimsuit when she is running around naked. I burn with 50 SPF on, Maddie tans. This is me being super jealous of her lovely skin.

Well, thats about it for the week. This week I am keeping busy with FRG training, college applications and grant applications, (Hopefully starting next Friday!) I was given a Pell grant for 90% of my annual college tuition so I am pretty dang happy with that. One of the benefits of not working for a year! Anyways, I also have a goodbye dinner (well, she is moving to UT, so its more of a 'see you later' dinner) a birthday party, and a spa day. My darling husband came home from Mesa and said that I hadnt had a break from the kids in four months and I needed to get my nails done! Love, love, LOVE that guy! My mom will be here in 6 days after which I will be heading to UT shortly thereafter. The exact day has still not been determined but it is looking like the 9th. Jared will not be coming at that point, but the girls and I will be there! I cannot wait to see green trees! Yucca just isnt the same!

Have a fabulotastic week and enjoy my silly monkeys!


Maddie's hair

Riding in the Taxi

Being cute at Hobby Lobby


she thought having her hair washed tickled 
Gettin her hair did

2 comments:

  1. Lol, you sound like you're either super tired and hyper, or have just drank a pot of my coffee...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually more pretending to be cheerful! But I had fun writing this one.

    ReplyDelete