Happy Monday everyone! This is me, pretending to be chipper, and happy and awake! This week seems like a drowsy blur to me as I have gone cold turkey from my recent caffeine addiction. I decided that a few days of headaches were worth it to not have to have the stuff on a daily basis. The funny thing is, I am always tired now. I have tried increasing my natural sugar intake and its not helping. When I have had caffeine I feel normal for a couple hours and then right back to yawning again. Maybe I should drop myself off it little by little so I dont feel exhausted all the time. Because of this, I have no pics to show off this week. I doubt this week will be much better but I will recap that next week.
Jared spent the week working on his brigade golf tournament. He loves any excuse to play golf and as long as he plays during the weekday during work hours, I have no complaints. It went off without a hitch, despite his grumblings, and he made a bunch of money for the company as well. He also went in for a sleep study on Monday night. I dont think either of us slept well. He had electrodes and wires all over, I just kept worrying someone would break in. He was told to come back again on Saturday night to see how he slept with a CPAP machine. After that was done, they told him his CPAP would be here on Monday. Guess he has sleep apnea but he hasnt gotten the results of the tests yet. I am not looking forward to learning to sleep with that thing, but if it means Jared is happy and rested like he was on Sunday, I will be more than happy to do it. He was like a different person. I felt bad last night when I heard him doing the choking snoring knowing that it was just one more day until I didnt wake up worrying that he was gagging on something in his sleep. I bet this changes our lives!
I went on Monday to get my hair chopped. I had a few pics in mind that I wanted to go with. Stella has a friend that is in beauty school and needs so many hours to get her license. I figured at the very worst I can get it fixed when I get back to UT and my hair grows really fast. It took her 2 .5 hours and 2 other people to get my hair cut. They had to keep hacking at it because it was so thick it kept looking poofy. Both the stylist and the instructor cut themselves with the scissors, and Stella had to reschedule her appts so she could stay and hang out with Kayla and be the first to see my transition. I have such a good friend! Well, despite all the trauma, my hair turned out awesome I think. I want to have my stylist in UT do a couple little things when I get back but other than that, I hope I can keep this style for awhile! I washed it, and let it airdry, then I spent 5 minutes with a straightening iron and I was done! Even the bedhead hair is awesome! I shower and run a little wax through my hair and I am done! Kayla wants to cut her hair now because mine is shorter than hers and thats not fair.
Kayla is learning to write. I have been working with her on it but gave up a bit for the summer to focus on learning her letters and the sounds they make along with getting rid of the "babytalk". As cute as it is, she is too big to be saying words in baby speak since she will be starting school this fall. (Not sure where or what yet, just not public) I was completely shocked when I walked in the bathroom during her shower and she was writing in the steam on the glass. Not her name, oh no. It was OSO. Have you ever seen Special Agent Oso? Well, that unique stuffed bear taught my kid how to write his name first. She can also write an "A". I am not pushing her, she will learn it in time.
Madison has turned the corner to the terrible twos. With Kayla I was so frustrated because I didnt know why she was crying at this stage. This time around I know why she is crying, I just still wont give her what she wants. The temper tantrums are ginormous. Throwing herself on the ground and kicking her feet because I wont force her sister to give up her toy, or I wont give her my fork etc. She has also decided that fruit, vegetables, and all meats are disgusting. Even ice cream doesnt hold her fancy. So she eats sunshine and love. And chocolate milk. In between the crying jags, she. is. freaking. hilarious. Yesterday she had us rolling when she held her arms up straight, dropped her head back, closed her eyes and walked forward like a zombie. Then she made a little baby gang sign with her hands and said "Wuuuuurrrrd".
Well thats about it for us in a nutshell. I am impatiently awaiting the arrival of my new little friend Alexander who doesnt want to come out, and impatiently waiting for my trip back to UT. Luckily, my mom will be flying out here on the 1st so that when I am ready to go, she will be driving with me. So anxious to be home but so not looking forward to driving for 14+ hours.
Love to all and to all a good eats.
Here's the link I forgot to send when we talkd last. It's for the toy we have that has helped Emma with writing. It's nice because it slowly draws the letter so they can see how to write it. http://www.amazon.com/Educational-Insights-See-n-Write/dp/B0009QYSXK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311036685&sr=8-1
ReplyDeleteooh I will check it out. Thanks!
ReplyDelete