Anyways, quick recap until my internet crashes again and I lose my mind from frustration. We spent most of this week baking sweet breads for my friend Molly's baby shower this coming weekend. She is so excited. I am happy to help and even happier to have several of my friends helping out as well. It takes the stress off me knowing that others are going to back me up. I have only got to buy a couple decorations and favors and then just keep the main house clean! And Molly is going to have some support that every new parent needs. I will have to keep a couple pics of her shower to post next week.
The girls are fantastic. Maddie and I have been sick on and off for almost two weeks now. It isnt horrible awful sick, just the kind that makes us both want to stay in bed until noon watching cartoons. I am thinking it may be because of allergies, but I have not had them down here yet so I am not sure. We decided to spend some time outside of the house this week. I had to get out because my kids had turned into insane howler monkeys after not leaving the house for almost 2 weeks. Basically, we drove around. The kids got out of the house, stopped yelling at each other and at me, and I got a little vitamin D coming in from my sunroof. We went on Saturday to the splash park and let the kids go crazy because I was crazy from being housebound. We got home and slept for several hours, awesome. Jared got some good pics but they are still on his camera and we all know how Jared is with his toys. I am not allowed to touch them. Truthfully, he would prefer it if I didnt even carry his camera for him.
We ended our week again with Kung Fu Panda and a bowl of popcorn. I still cant eat the popcorn but I am nice enough to make it for everyone else. The girls have watched so much Kung Fu Panda that Maddie walks around with a hammer fist saying "Hiya" And Kayla is kicking and punching and shoving her sister. Its so much fun. Especially when the screaming starts. Then Kayla gets "ninja" and I cant see her. I love their creativity.
So here is to a week of craziness and another week down until I can head home for a visit. Leaving you all with a look at Jared being Army. And one of me being Army wife. I hope you all have a fabulous week!
This is at Jared's re-enlistment ceremony. Notice Maddie attempting an escape in the background?
Jared's promotion ceremony
An extra smack to make sure it is on there well
My parents came down for Jared's promotion
Jared is pretty much the only one from his battalion that isnt broke so he has to hold the colors during the run. Isnt he cute?
Congrats to y'all! Hey what's Sylvester Stallone doing behind Jared? Dang he looks like him. Lol :)
ReplyDeleteHAHA! I know he does! I was thinking that he looked like he should be on tv instead of in the Army. Maybe a relative?
ReplyDelete