Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ghosts and Goblins and Ghouls, OH MY!

Well, October has come and gone. And with it, a little more of my waistline and my sanity. My housework just does not seem to get done no matter how hard I try. It seems as soon as I catch up, that I spend a day sick or super tired and it all goes downhill again. Oh well, life will go on. My kids are alive, healthy, and happy. None of us is going without and that is the greatest blessing of all.

We recently attended a church function for a trunk or treat for the kids. It was a chili cook off and costume parade as well. I dressed the kids up and managed to get myself clean. Jared made some chili and I made some cornbread. I have learned that when you double a cornbread recipe and put it in a larger pan, it will NOT cook in a gas oven. After cooking for nearly 2 hours, it was still almost raw in the middle. We just cut around the edges and then cut the pieces in half and put them in another serving tray. Jared did not place in the cookoff but that is because they never tasted his chili. (His words, not mine!) The kids participated in some games. Kayla had her face painted by the youth and then went 'fishing' and caught some vampire teeth and a couple bracelets, which she quickly lost. The teeth are still sitting on my nightstand covered in drool. Why there? Because my room is the dumping ground of EVERYTHING. It goes there to die as I throw it out when people dont come collect their belongings. Oh, yeah, the party. Madison was watching the bean bag toss and when it was her turn, she grabbed the beanbag, walked over to the hole, placed it in, then yelled, "I DID IT! GIVE ME A TOY!" we all laughed and she was handed a little bat ring. After that we went out to trunk or treat. We found some LED batlights at the PX and plugged them into the back of the van, (yes I have a two prong plug back there, you dont?) And I strung up spider webbing all over the back entrance. Thats as fancy as I get. I handed out a Costco size bag of treats to the kids while Jared took the monsters around. They got good treats there including fresh made cotton candy by a lady dressed as cotton candy! I love the characters of these people! It was a fun evening though and the kids were worn out and so were we.

On Sunday, Kayla participated in the Primary Program at church. She had a two line speaking part that I had been shoving down her throat for about 3 weeks. I was so proud when she stood up at the pulpit, re-positioned the microphone, and spouted off her two lines perfectly! She was the only one her age that actually knew her lines without having help! I know that mainly had to do with Kayla's lack of fear in social situations. It was fun for us to see her perform a little anyways. She spent the rest of the hour goofing off and not listening, but at least she wasnt screaming I guess.

Jared is still doing the same old, same old. He has had a few more jobs added to his current list of responsibilities, but such is life in a scaling back Army. He still gets up and goes every day and usually comes home with a smile on his face so I guess things are ok. He has recently switched to evening PT and even though that means he gets home a little later, it also means that he is home in the morning and is able to take Kayla to school! That means at least $100 more in our pockets in gas money! And, I can take an extra hour in the morning to get some stuff done around here. Oh sweet winter PT!

As for me, I am slowly swelling to the size of a cantaloupe. This pregnancy has been so different in almost every way from my last two. I am rarely hungry which is super weird for me because I am usually always hungry and when I am prego, I am ravenous. I am also not gaining as much weight. At this point I have put on a little over 15 lbs so I am content. As long as the doc is happy, I am happy. That puts me right on track for hopefully having a healthy baby weight this time! We are hoping to have our ultrasound in the next few weeks. I go in for my 20 week appt next week so keep your fingers crossed that our ultrasound wont take a month to schedule! We are very anxious for the sex of this baby as at this point I have about 10 bags of girl clothes that no longer fit Madison. I would love to give them to people in need! And, well, get them the heck outta my house!

Kayla is learning at an astonishing rate. The things she knows from going to school make my head spin. Every day when I pick her up I ask her what she has learned that day and the answer is usually, "I dont renember mom!" (remember is not spelled wrong, thats just how she says it!) I was completely floored and had tears in my eyes when out of the blue last night she quoted the pledge of allegiance all by herself! I have never once said this in front of her. Jared has never looked so proud of her. I will include a video of her saying the pledge in her Halloween costume later on below. We have been trying to move her into the public school system but have hit a major snag. Our school district has TWO preschools. And they are both about 45 minutes from here. Not exactly worth our time. So until we can get a waiver approved to attend a different school district, we will continue shelling out our life savings to pay for her schooling. At least she is happy and I feel better as a mom knowing that she is learning something day to day, even if she wont tell me about it.

Madison has changed into a kid. No more baby, no more cutesy little chubby legs. Its so sad but exciting at the same time. she has gotten super tall and skinny. Her words are in full sentences now, and she is stringing them together on her own. She is constantly asking what things are called so that she can say the names on her own. I may be the only one to understand her, but thats ok. At least I get it and she is trying. She still does not understand that I have a baby in my tummy and I have had to forcefully keep her away from me as she thinks I am still a trampoline and she is very rough. It breaks my heart because she loves cuddling with me, but it only lasts a few minutes before she goes wild again and tries to use my new baby belly as a stepping stone as she climbs on top of my head.

Well, thats about it for updates. We dont have too much going on, just trying to get through the day to day right now. As an update for Halloween, the girls dressed as Cinderella and a Pirate. Can you guess who was who? If you know us at all it's no problem to figure out. Kayla's crown did not fit her massive noggin though so I put twist in jewels in her hair that I had worn for my wedding day. Just rhinestones but she felt special. We Trick or Treated through our neighborhood and that was about all I could handle even though I would have gone one more neighborhood. It worked out though because the kids didnt get any candy I would eat so I guess thats one less food I can deal with not eating.

Have a fabulous November everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g26rReeSWiI&feature=share (Kayla saying the pledge)


Mads wearing her new favorite hat and a sock on her hand.  Dunno.

I just love this one of her!

My 17 week baby bump!

Kayla's curls for the trunk or treat

Nutella Face!

Her first ice cream cone

crying after being denied the curling iron

Kayla all Halloweened out

Loves her other new hat!

Apparently, the RROD is the scariest thing Jared can think of.

Loving the ice cream

Kayla's pumpkin

Maddie the pirate. ARGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment